I’ve been dodging using the word ‘intercession’ in connection with Walk2Run because I was worried it would turn people off. Writing the word ‘intercession’ into a business plan doesn’t seem like very sound business sense to me.
But then I got angry this morning when I was praying, thinking of all the crap that so many Walk2Runner’s have been or are going through. And also feeling really thankful as I think of some Walk2Runners who after 2 years, from such small beginnings, are overcoming lifelong struggles and are still running.
So here’s how I’ve been praying for some of the Walk2Runners lately. I won’t mention anyone by name of course, but if you recognise yourself or relate in any way, then that prayer is for you. Feel free to suck it up and ask for more.
- For peace. For breathing space in daily life and to enjoy all that amazing creative energy, those money making ideas. I’m praying that you make time for the things that make you tick, because you’re important too.
- For your tank to be filled, starting with your feet and filling you all the way up to the top of your head. For restored energy and motivation for life. To begin to take pleasure in daily things again.
- To loosen the mess of life’s knots, to remove the briars and barbs that are stuck in it. And by the way, nothing can separate you from God’s love. He is holding you when you simply don’t have the strength to.
- For life in abundance. There have been things that have hurt you and they hold you back from enjoying life in all its fullness. Well, no more. I’m praying that you will indeed be free to enjoy all of life in all of its fullness. And for your job. Praying that your employer gets you the help you need so you can be effective and enjoy your work, your gifts, qualifications and your role, which is so so important.
- That you’ll find comfort in God as the stresses and strains of work and family life get you down. So full of life on the outside but so tired on the inside. Praying for real smiles! You are such a blessing to so many.
- It’s so much fun when you laugh, when your childlike joy comes out despite yourself – mostly when you’re beasting those sprints. More of that please God.
- For Jobs and relationships that are perfectly suited to you personality and gifts.
- Simple one – for healing. For a break from all that inner heartbreak and turmoil. Sooooo loved by your family and friends, so beautiful.
I am so grateful that in Walk2Run I get to meet people and go on adventures with them.
In 2018 I hope to become the kind of woman that when my feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says “Oh Crap, She’s Up”.
Come and run with us, it might just change your life